Because Republic recently posted that Short Codes are live!, 5 and 6 digit short code texts (except those for donations or purchases) should be working. This page documents those that still have problems getting through.
When you find a short code that doesn't work, please report it to Republic in a support ticket, and then update this page to include it. If you know that a code listed here is now working, please delete the entry for that organization.
If you receive a response to your short code send such as "This campaign is not currently available through your service provider", that qualifies as a "not working" short code.
Do not enter 4-digit codes or those used for donations or purchases here.
To contribute, proceed as follows:
- Internet Explorer users - you'll need to use Chrome or Firefox as your web browser to edit this page.
- Click the down-arrow next to the Edit button up above, and then click "Classic editor".
- To add a row, right-click any row and then click on Row, followed by Insert Row Before or Insert Row After. Insert new entries alphabetically by name. To delete a row, right-click the row, click Row, then click Delete Rows.
- Record "No" in the "Send" column if the Messaging app informs you that the code wasn't sent, or the response is "not currently available", or when you can confirm via another means that your text was not received. Record "No" in the "Receive" column if text messages aren't received, either as a reply to a successful send, or after signing up at a website.
- This is a report of failures - "YES" does not appear here. Leave the Send or Receive column blank when that function works or isn't used. Delete the row if everything is working for that code.
- In the Edit Summary box at the upper right, type a couple words about your additions or changes and click the blue Publish button.
Do not use the Comment section here to talk about codes that don't work. Discussions about short codes, whether working or not, should be posted in the Republic community.
|105.1 The Buzz $1000 Drawing||72881||No|
|94.7 KNRK / Entercom Communications||44624||No|
|96.5 The Buzz / Entercom Radio||96500||No|
|98.7 Wink Country||77000||No|
|Ally Bank 2-Factor Authentication||No|
|AMC Movie Theaters||242424||No||No|
|Apple 2-Factor Authentication||No|
|Capital One||"MOBILE" to 80101||No||No|
Chickfila O's Day
|"Chicken" to 31826||No|
|Commerce Bank Fraud Alerts||66372||No||No|
|Communicator! NXT emergency notification system||27538||No|
|Crisis Text Line||741741||No|
|Entercom Radio (response: This campaign is not currently available through your service provider)||72881||No|
|GoDaddy 2-step authentication||No|
|Hilton College & Career||40404||No|
|KSHB-TV Channel 41 Kansas City, MO (response: This campaign is not currently available through your service provider)||47186||No|
Local Government Federal Credit Union (response: This campaign is not currently available through your service provider)
|LSU Emergency Alert||67283||No|
|Lyft (App Confirmation)||No|
|GMP (Green Mountain Power)||46788||No|
|Microsoft Account Verification||No|
My Prepaid Center alerts
|Planet Fitness NowWorkout contest entry||79488||No|
|PNC Bank alerts verification text||No|
Qdoba Restaurant Mailing List (response: This campaign is not currently available through your service provider)
|RAVE Campus Alerts||67283, 226787||No|
|Rover's Morning Glory||35192||No|
|Text for Well Being Program||43186||No||No|
|Wells Fargo Bank||935557||No||No|
|WSCR 670 The Score||67011||No|