This is a list of features not currently available that could be possible, whether with the current phone or a future phone.
Since this page was created, Republic rolled out the RW ThinkTank to collect and vote on future enhancements. The product team monitors that area, so it is the preferred way to communicate requests to Republic. This list does not attempt to mirror the list of items in the ThinkTank.
- Support phones based on GSM technology and allow BYOD of both GSM and CDMA devices.
- Permit calls and texts to international phone numbers (at extra cost, similar to offerings of other VOIP services).
- Allow unconditional call forwarding to another number to be established in the My Account portal.
- Provide an insurance plan to reduce the cost of phone damage or loss. (Republic has stated that they are working to offer insurance, but no ETA.)
- Allow service to be paused or put on hold and resumed at a later time.
- Support service numbers such as 411, 511, etc. Currently only 911 and 711 are supported.
- Allow combining and splitting of accounts. For example, individual phones on separate accounts can be changed so all are on one account and paid on one bill. And vice-versa.
- Provide the user control over call routing at the central switch level - for example, automatically send unknown callers or specific callers to voicemail, to busy signal, or to a "number not in service" recording.
- Allow the dialer to accept and process embedded delay codes and extensions.
Motorola Moto X
- Allow using third party SIM card for cell service when abroad
Motorola Defy XT
- Solve the internal phone memory issue - either by removing all Google programs that are downloadable from the Play store, or bundle in an app similar to Link2SD.
- Support MMS (Picture Messaging/Texting). Receiving MMS has been promised but not yet delivered.
- Expand the character set support to allow texting in Asian languages (e.g. Chinese).
- Provide an E-mail-to-text gateway.
Wi-Fi Voice Service
- Provide encryption for Wi-Fi VoIP traffic to eliminate the possibility of electronic eavesdropping at public hotspots.
- Prevent an active call from dropping or switching to cell service when moving from one Wi-Fi access point to another in the same SSID.
- Give users an option to require a PIN for access to the mailbox when called from the Republic phone.
- Add a timestamp to voice messages that identifies when the message was recorded.
- Allow voicemail to be disabled - the phone rings until answered.
- Give the user control over the amount of time from first ring to voicemail. (Customized Ring Time was promised by the end of 2013 and is overdue.)
- Provide the ability to listen to or delete voicemail messages via a website.
- Provide optional e-mail or text notification of new voicemail. (Voicemail to Email was promised by the end of 2013 and is overdue.)
Last modified: 00:32, September 16, 2015 (UTC)